Travel fees are necessary for locations outside of the immediate Honolulu/Waikiki area.
A flat rate fee per vendor is required for each "on-site" vendor i.e. minister, photographer, musician, videographer as shown on the order form. Travel fees also apply for hair & make.
Honolulu/Waikiki locations have no fee. East Oahu and Windward locations have a minimal fee. West Oahu - Ko Olina and North Shore have the highest fees.
Why travel fees? Simply, it takes time to drive to outlying areas. The father the drive, the more time it takes, the higher the cost. A coverage on the North or West shores can take up to a half a day, 3-4 hours for sure.
We use top wedding professionals. They're good and they're in demand. Besides for us, they perform weddings for hotels, wedding churches, other companies, and for their own clients.
Why travel fees? Simply, it takes a lot of time and some expense and because of that, vendors got to be paid extra.
- There is no fee that we charge which equals the real time and effort required i.e. it's lower than what the time and effort actually represents.
- East Honolulu and Windward locations are a acceptable amount of time and distance consequently, fees are the lowest.
- West Oahu - Ko Olina or the North Shore - Turtle Bay are the highest. For an afternoon wedding at Ko Olina or the North Shore, vendors have to leave by 3:00 pm latest just to "beat the traffic" and will get home as late as 8 pm. That's 5 hours for a simple beach wedding. We do charge less for mid-day times where travel is easier.
- We will always suggest to clients who are staying at Ko Olina or the North Shore to come to us. Spend the day in Honolulu or take a circle island drive while you're at it.
- We do understand that for couples whose weddings have 20-30+ participants with a reception dinner to immediately follow, it might make sense to have their ceremony in the area. You're kind of stuck if you haven't thought of this before.
- You could look for vendors who live in the area but, you'll find that they still charge as much, if only because they know people have to pay. FYI: It's hard if not impossible to find quality vendors who are not based in the Honolulu/Waikiki area. That's where all the jobs are, if you're going to do it everyday and earn a living.
- Look, if you're staying at Ko Olina or Turtle Bay, don't pay us to drive out there unless, you're forced too. Instead, drive to us and spend that money on more services and products or simply save your money. Spend the day or evening in "town", most people will do that during their trip anyway.
Finally, and this is the best reason. There simply is no location on West Oahu or the North Shore, given the geography and orientation of the island, or for the other parameters we consider for choosing a proper location, which is better or more scenic than our Windward and Honolulu/Waikiki locations. Up to you though.
- These are approximate one-way travel times from Waikiki for an average day during the times we suggest for these locations..
- Time of day, traffic, and other factors increase the travel to and from times significantly.
- For sunset at West Oahu - Ko Olina and North Shore - Turtle Bay vendors must leave Honolulu before 3:30 latest irrespective of whether sunset is at 5:30 pm or 7:15 pm.
Portlock Beach: 35-40 minutes.
Makapuu Beach: 35-40 minutes.
Waimanalo Beach: 35-45 minutes.
Ko Olina: 45-60 minutes.
West Oahu: 60-90 minutes.
North Shore: 60-90 minutes.
If you're driving on your own, we suggest doing a "drive-by" before the wedding day at about the same time as your ceremony. If you are using our transportation, no worries.
FYI: Hawaii or Los Angeles trade the top ranking for the worst traffic in the U.S. every year.
IMPORTANT: Hawaii is a safe place but, we have one of the highest property crime rates if not the highest. Do not leave any valuables inside your car or car trunk at any time, even for a few minutes unattended. Rental cars are targets and theives will bust a window, break-in a second, and steal all your stuff.